Spike is a laser measurement tool that works in conjunction with your smartphone or tablet. Its is an essential aid to anyone who regularly measures building, signs or large objects. Simply attach Spike to the back of your device, connect via bluetooth and take a photo of the object you want to measure. Then using the photo on your device you can determine length, width and height by stretching grid lines over parts of the image you want measurements for.
There are numerous advantages with Spike not least the speed with which measurements can be made. A survey which might have taken two people can be done in minutes. There is also the flexibility that measurements can be made on site or back in the office as the image and all its data are saved on your device or Spike Cloud for later use or sharing with your colleagues or customers.
Technical specs and requirements:
- Apple iOS devices must be running iOS 8.0 or later
- Google Android devices must be running Android 4.4 or later
- Your device must also support BLUETOOTH 4.0 low energy technology
- Your device must support BLUETOOTH 4.0 low energy technology
- Battery life is 4 hours of continuous use - recharge via micro USB charging port (cable included)
- Rangefinder supports ranges between 6-650 feet (2-200 meters). The accuracy of Spike’s laser rangefinder is ± 3%
- Measurements are embedded with the photo and can be shared as a PDF, JPG, Spike File (XML), or KMZ. For Android devices only, additional output includes HMTL. The Spike File is a compressed .ZIP file, which contains the Spike photos and XML file with measurement and location data.
RRP £699 + VAT. Entwistle Price £649 + VAT inc Delivery. Call sales on 0161 653 9310